Sunday, February 19, 2012

My Sister

Happy Birthday to my sweet, strong, smart, beautiful sister.  Otherwise known as "The Nice One".



I wish you were here to spend a marathon day in the garden with me. 
After which, we would drink frozen whiskey sours and talk about how sore our arms were.

I wish I was there to spend a marathon day painting with you.
After which, we would drink a giant bloody mary with a full course salad in it and consider it diet food.

I wish you were here to spend a night cooking with me, trying out a new fabulous recipe.
After which, we would drink a big glass of wine and laugh our heads off.

I wish I was there to take a long walk with you and spill our guts to each other about all the hard stuff.
After which, we would mix up some Texas size margaritas and realize we were going to be okay.

Apparently, I love you and and I love drinking.  Mostly, I love you.

You are so precious to me.

I hope your day is filled with love, joy, peace and happiness.
You deserve that, and so much more.

3 comments:

  1. I think our young daughter has nailed it on the head. Yes, the "Smart One" is special in soooo many ways, too numerous to mention. She has brought joy to our lives from childhood to Motherhood. We are extremely proud of all her accomplishments, she is Special.

    I am a little concerned about my two girls and there drinking after each event but I guess it's in their genes. Have a great day Ange and down one for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How lucky you are to have such a special relationship with your sister. Don't you wish you could see her everyday?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so lucky! You and I share many of the same "wishes"!! I love you and can't wait until we get together again ... I'll bring the margarita mix!

    ReplyDelete