Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Ten Random Tidbits

This will be a speed round today...I don't even think I have ten things rattling around in the old brain today, but lets give it a go!

1.  I am hooked on Greek yogurt.  It is delicious.

2.  Beth is planning to disconnect her phone land line.  I do not like this.  I have been dialing that number almost daily for 11 years.  Sometimes, more than once a day.  We have lots of things to discuss.  I am also frequently known to dial her cell phone, but only if she doesn't answer her home phone.  This change will be hard for me, but I will comply.  However, I am going to call her ten times a day until the line is clipped just because I can. I will miss that number.

3.  Harry has been struggling to beat me in ping pong.  Really struggling.  He is trying to use mad skills his dad is teaching him and I just stand there like a moron with my paddle in my hand.  He beats himself every time.  Seriously getting frustrated for him and for me.  I mean seriously, hit it over the net to me enough times and I will finally screw up.  You don't have to go all kamikaze and try and smash it to death.  FINALLY, last night he won a game.  I was so happy for him.

4.   No problem so far with cutting back on my computer time.  I haven't missed it.

5.  I was doing some sweet dance moves in the car on the way to school this morning to Chip's dance tunes.  I had a slamming arm move that made me totally feel like a Solid Gold Dancer!  Who remembers the Solid Gold Dancers?  Anyway, Chip looks at me and you can tell he is praying for someone to kidnap him.  I told him when I got in the school parking lot I was going to roll down my window so I could do the sweet move with both arms.  His face went immediately to a panic state.  "Please Mom, NO!  Just go home."  Love you, sweet boy, see you after school!    

6.  Work is busy.

7.  I was helping Chip with a homework project yesterday.  He had to create an award to give to the author of his book.  He decided on "The Most Action Packed" book award.  I was helping him cut out stars with my new cricut machine.  He typed up his summary and award words, played around with Word Art to make them look fancy and then printed them.  I cut them out and glued them on for him.  He picks up the finished product and says "Good job, Mom.  You do good work."  I think I may have over-helped. 

8.  Are y'all watching "The Voice"?  I like that show. 

9.  Bob is having knee replacement surgery on February 21st.  Mark you calendars so you can send up a little prayer for him.  The three primary tools in his surgery...a bone saw, a mallet and a drill.  Can you say "OW".

10.  Bama is still kickin'.  Chip dropped him a little bit a couple weeks ago when he was cleaning his cage.  He kind of went into hiding for a few days and didn't eat.  I was worried.  Turns out he is fine.  Last night he made a leaping cricket snag off of his rock.  It was spectacular.  Lizards are fun to watch.  So are crickets...although I think crickets are really just cockroaches with bent back legs.  In fact, I pretty sure they are really closely related.  Ewww.

1 comment:

  1. Alas, I too am old enough to remember the Solid Gold Dancers. Just the threat of embarrassing one's children is fun, isn't it?

    I was thinking: Could Bob's "Zoom Stance" have contributed to the wearing out of his knee? Must get him a new camera just in case. I am very happy that my surgery did not involve any of the "tools" you mentioned. He will be in our prayers. And also your Mom. Sometimes I think it's harder on the caregiver!

    ReplyDelete