Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Getting in the Zone

For those of you who don't want to talk about grapefruit and flaxseed oil, please just "x" out of this window right now.  Shut this down and come back tomorrow for something a little more entertaining.  Maybe.  For the rest of you (and for my personal record and reminders), here is a recap of the information I have learned about getting in the zone. 

Getting lean and healthy is 80% diet, 10% workout and 10% genetics.  You cannot out exercise a bad diet.  Once you give your body the nutrients it needs good things will start to happen, inside and out.

Take a multivitamin.  Every day.
Take flaxseed oil three times a day.  Every day.
Eat an apple.  Every day.
Eat a grapefruit.  Every day.

Stop eating bad carbs and sugar so your cells can regenerate as healthy cells that don't crave carbs.  It is a beautiful thing.

Drink plenty of water.  Like LOTS of it.

When you are hungry...eat protein.

Excellent sources of lean protein: Turkey Breast, Salmon, Cod, Mackerel, Tilapia 
Good Sources of lean protein: Chicken Breast, Cottage Cheese, Tuna

Ezekiel Bread ROCKS.

Read "The Zone" by Barry Sanders.

Oatmeal is so good for you. 

Have a good, healthy carb before a workout, like an apple.

Protein Shake or some kind of protein after a work out to restore and regenerate muscles.

Zone Bars are delicious and the perfect 30/30/40 combo.  Use as a snack or to curb any sweet cravings.  Limit to one per day.

Eat lots of colors. 

So this week I am still eating a salad with dinner, grapefruit for breakfast....but limiting my peanut butter and zone bar to one serving daily.  Less fat from my food and more from my rear end!   Next week it will be cooked vegetables with dinner instead of a salad.  The following week, all my protein will come from white fish.  Shaking things up a bit to keep it interesting! 

Today, I did 320 crunches!  WHAT??  I know.  Seems excessive!  I think my head is even coming off the ground!  Ha! Ha!   My sore leg feels better.  Push-ups are hard.  Interval training this weekend! 

Good stuff. 

2 comments:

  1. 320 crunches? May I highly recommend back surgery? Therapist says I will never do another crunch/sit-up again. On second thought sit-ups aren't that bad. Skip the back surgery. The healthy stuff is showing, you look radiant.

    ReplyDelete