Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Highlights and Celebrations

  • This is my 500th post on my blog.  Who would have thought?  I feel like I am spending lots more time blogging about my health quest, but it is what I am obsessed with at the moment.  My apologies if you are sick of reading about my eating habits!  This post is more of the same, so brace yourself!
  • First, let's cover my Dad's health.  Bob is doing well with his knee replacement.  He is going to physical therapy three times a week.  He asked his therapist if she puts him in the corner because he screams too much.  She said, he was killing her future clients!  Made me laugh.  He said it is super painful, but he is responding and getting more flexibility almost daily.  Still in quite a bit of pain, especially at night.  He tried to take some Tylenol PM to get some sleep and got trapped inside some dream where he thought he was never going to have control of his life again.  It was kind of hard to follow the logic, but it was still bothering him into the daylight hours.  Weird.
  • I am down ten pounds in just over three weeks!  Best news is that I feel great and sincerely believe I could eat this way forever!  Woo Hoo!
  • On Sunday afternoon it was all I could do to stay awake, so I laid down to take a nap and slept for FOUR hours!  Unheard of!  I thought I was coming down with something.  My family thought I looked awful and I felt like I was moving through mud every step I took.  I felt much better on Monday and was back to normal Tuesday.  I was telling Chad about it and he said "That is AWESOME!  I was waiting for that to happen!"  I was all confused.  He said "When you start changing your body like this, it takes it toll on your entire system.  When you get that exhausted, your body needs you to shut down so it can regroup.  It is going to happen about every two weeks now that we have you cranking in the right direction.  Give in to it.  Go to sleep!"   Then he said "Please don't eat any sugar. Do not stop this momentum.  Your metabolism is finally stoked, your organs are working for you instead of against you....you are on a downhill roll.  DO NOT EAT ANY SUGAR or we have to start over."  I have not eaten any sugar and will not eat any sugar!  Feel too good to start over.   
  • Fasting day on Monday went smoothly.  No problems.  Drank my five shakes and that was it.  My sister, "The Nice One" did it, too!  Seems she was mixing  her protein shakes according to the package directions which was mixing the powder with 8 oz of water.  I didn't really read the package.  I ended up making mine with about 20 oz of water.  Much thinner consistency, but went down a little easier for me!  She only drank four yesterday because she couldn't stomach the thought of a fifth one!   I did five with no problem.  I was hungry the next morning though!
  • I found a new snack treat that is so yummy I just have to share it....deviled eggs made with hummus.  Take your egg white (throw away the yolk) and fill it with hummus (I used spinach/artichoke) and it is delicious.  And good for you!  Yum!  Chad busted my bubble when he told me he doesn't mind me eating hummus, but he wants me to make it homemade.  Apparently, the store bought kind has too much sodium.  Probably why it tastes so good!   So, gonna buy some chickpeas and see if I can make it yummy enough to keep it on my snack list!
  • I pulled a little something in my leg yesterday during my workout.  Just a little twinge. I was able to finish my workout and was still able to do my walk today, but I can still feel it kind of pulling.  Hoping it doesn't slow me down!
  • Grapefruit spoons are the bomb.  Malarie and Brett picked me up a set while we were out shopping and told me how awesome they were!  They were so right!  A little spoon...knife....let's call it a spife.
  • We have a big clock up on our family room wall.  It requires a ladder and moving furniture to take it down and adjust the time.  So it is the last holdout to be "sprung forward", which means that when I stagger down the stairs at 4:50 a.m. it shows 3:50 a.m.  That will just suck the life right out of you.  Must get that thing adjusted as soon as possible!
  • Big, new proposal is a real monster!  The spreadsheet to track our subs and deliverable requirements is GINORMOUS!  It is going to be a doozie!  Why does that get me jazzed?  No idea, but it does.
  • It stormed on Monday night, thunder, lightening, dumped a couple inches of rain and it feels so amazing outside now.  Nice, crisp, cool and fabulous!  Makes me want to garden!  Maybe this weekend.
That is all I have for now, except to wish you the most spectacular day ever!  Get out there and smile at someone!


1 comment:

  1. Bob and I need to form a support group. I have his same dream, but when I'm awake. Control is a very hard thing to give up, even temporarily.

    I am going to use Chad's sugar command as a rebuttal to that voice in my head screaming, "This one time (or this little bit) won't hurt." Why oh why does sugar have to taste so good?

    ReplyDelete