Thursday, May 31, 2012

Top Ten Tidbits

So much has happened since we last chatted! 

1.  School is out for summer!  Woo Hoo!  Chip had a great end of year party!  He is the cutie patootie with his arms crossed and black face paint streaking down his face standing in the back row!



2.  No party for Harry.  He just got to take finals.  The last day of school in high school is not nearly as fun as elementary school!

3.  We went out of town to a great resort for the weekend.  Had a very relaxing couple of days.  Did lots of floating in the lazy river.  That is the life.  Played a little family bingo, horseshoes, basketball, big boys went kayaking.  The most fun of the whole weekend was a spontaneous family game of tether ball.  People we going down left and right, getting hit in parts that were not intended to be hit.  We had spectators laughing at our crazy antics.  It was a great memory!  Laughs galore.


4.  Chip had a baseball camp this week and Harry started college.  I have been so many miles on my car running them here, there and everywhere.

5.  I am down 30.5 pounds!  Go me!  "Mr. Knowledge About the Human Body" told me I had to cut back my calories a bit more to eat like a thinner person.  Apparently, you are what you eat!  So I am going to be a lean protein, vegetable eating fool!  I am ready for the challenge.  Ready to tighten down the reins a little!  Enjoying the progress so far and want to keep eating as clean and healthy as I can.

6.  Callie and George dropped in for about a 15 hour layover on their way from Alabama to Las Cruces, NM.  It was great to see them.   So blessed to have family that we genuinely love to pieces.

7.  I have had two super easy work weeks and it is time to batten down the hatches and get back in the swing of things. 

8.  Taking the May calendar down and putting the June calendar up....where has the year gone?

9.  Heading to the beach in 45 days!  CAN NOT WAIT!

10.  My backyard is a jungle.  My sweet neighbor Karen who also moonlights as my emergency pantry supply store said she would help me machete through it all.  She is a good friend.  A very good friend.  AND she has a mosquito fogger she is going to bring over to fog the backyard before we go back there.  Welcome summer!

Hope your summer has kicked off with a bang! 


2 comments:

  1. So happy to see a blog. I was beginning to worry. Love it that you were having a great time making memories. We thought you all went to the spurs game. Do you know the recipe for the mix Megan made at christmas granny is coming to vist tomorrow and she loved it. All is well here the bar is gone and is now ready gor the new bar whenever they call. We still need to remove the counters
    Love and hugs
    Mer

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with Mer, keep the posts coming. LOVE the photo of Chip smiling up at his dad. He is such a sweet child. I love how he always comes and talks to me even when you aren't around. So different from my shy, mute child! Congrats on the weight loss!

    ReplyDelete