Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Summer Fun and Backyard Clean-up

Last Friday, we got together with some of our awesome baseball families for a fun evening.  We met at the Raines house, which based on this fabulous backyard should be forever called the Raines Resort!  Look at this place!  Chip had been there before, but this was my first visit.  When we got out of the car, he said "Mom, you better get ready to be blown away!" 


They have a giant backyard by Texas standards and a lovely pool and surrounding area.


The kids swam and the adults sat and visited.  The weather was so lovely.


Look at these cutie patooties....aren't they so sweet?  They played so nicely together.


Then there was pizza!   Perfect night in the life of little boys!

The adults also had pizza and me and Vivian thought we would go healthy and ordered from ZPizza.  It was a whole wheat crust and the pizza had mushrooms, artichoke hearts, ricotta cheese and a garlic sauce.  It was delicious.  I thought it was a fairly healthy choice and the calories were in check for pizza.....so I ran it by "Mr. Knowledge About the Human Body" the next day at the gym.  He looks at me and says "Whole Wheat sucks. Don't eat it."

I'm all..."But it has to be better than regular crust!"  I was feeling guilty.  This was the first time in 16 weeks that I ate something that I didn't know for certain was on my plan.  It was a stretch, I knew that.  Especially after I tasted it.  It was so good, I knew it couldn't be that healthy.  Dang it.

So "Mr. Knowledge" says whole wheat is just a tiny step above regular dough.  He prefers that I make a giant improvement and make my own crust out of some form of Ezekiel.  That sounds like an enormous pain in the butt, so I will probably just pass on pizza for now.

It was a mistake.  My first, but surely won't be my last.  But I recovered.  Didn't get down about it...just climbed on a Spin bike and worked my butt off!

It didn't do too much damage cause the scale is moving again.  I am down 34 pounds today!  With the 13 I lost prior to seeing "Mr. Knowledge" that is a total of 47!  Only 3 more to get to a significant milestone of 50 pounds from my highest!  Smiles all around!  Can't believe it most days!

In other news, here are some pictures from the back yard clean up that my sweet neighbor Karen helped me with!


She brought over her fogger, which she sprayed in all the bushes to zap the mosquitoes!  It was the coolest thing and worked like a charm.  I usually go out and have ten mosquitoes jump on me within seconds.  I need to put one of these on my birthday list!


I didn't get a true "before" picture....we were already well underway when we thought of it.  I mean it was a jungle out there!  Karen manned the electric hedge clipper and I was working with a hand clipper and clean-up crew.  We cut and clipped enormous amounts of overgrowth.


These are rose bushes I planted a couple of years ago that are nearly six feet tall.  They are ginormous and lovely, but being grossly overcrowded by this other crazy bush.


We made tons of progress and we didn't run into any snakes or other critters.  We did run into a giant wasp nest, but Karen zapped it with some wasp spray before they got crazy and stung us!


She came back the next day and we tackled some other flower beds and that giant crazy vine on the back fence.  

I could not have done it without Karen.  Would have hated to even start.  She is a go getter and I owe her big time!  

We are at the dentist and Chip is back getting his braces on...I will post some pictures later this afternoon of my sweet baby brace face! 

Have a great Wednesday! 

2 comments:

  1. Saw Ezekiel pita pockets in freezer at HEB. You could crisp it up in the toaster maybe. BA

    ReplyDelete
  2. Listen, my husband reads this blog. You are making me look bad. First a trip to Miami for Father's Day and now you are doing yard work. Stop it now. Maybe I can block your site on his laptop?

    Congrats on the weight loss!

    ReplyDelete