Wednesday, October 10, 2012

10-10 Grateful


Here is what is up in my world and all the myriad of reasons that I feel grateful! 

Today was a very productive day.  I got lots done at work.  Finally starting to feel a little bit in control of the mammoth job we are working on right now. That is a good feeling. 

I also found my crock pot. It wasn’t really lost, but it was forgotten at the High School.  The super sweet lady who was in charge of the teacher event took it home with her AND washed it!  I thanked her for not turning my name in to CPPS (Crock Pot Protective Services). 

I got my stitches out, ran to the grocery store, cooked a yummy dinner including some Kale cooked just like Collard Greens cause I picked up the wrong bag at the grocery store.  They were still yummy! I am definitely a fan of the Collard Green! 

My friend Connie had her hip surgery and is feeling good!  Go Connie! 

Chip had a great day at school.  He told me on the way home that they started Long Division in Math and that he stunk at it.  I just nodded my head and told him I understood, but that I could probably help him out.  So we worked through some problems together and before long he was coasting through the rest of his homework.  Go me…feeling good about some fifth grade math! 

Harry came home about 6:30 from his Tuna rehearsal.  He told me he was asked to stay after tomorrow for some Fine Arts Gala Night to do a theatre performance at school.  I think he is going to do some piece from the Tuna Christmas production with another kid.  Then he also told me he was invited to some State Thespian Festival next month.  It is held in Houston over a three day weekend.  He would get to miss school, so you know he was jazzed about that. Sounds like a lot of fun.  He was full of all kinds of information tonight.  


So, it has been a good day all around.  Feeling grateful, blessed and a little less stressed! 

I hope you are feeling good too!

No comments:

Post a Comment