Friday, January 4, 2013

40 Bags in 40 Days Purge Challenge


I mentioned in my New Year's Post that I was on a mission to purge and reorganize the house.  In fact, I was so inspired that I sent out a 40 Day Challenge to my friends and neighbors and I am getting regular updates from lots of them.  It is the perfect time of year to do this kind of clean-out! 

I thought I would give you the latest and greatest on my progress.  It is January 3rd and I have already done 20 of the 40 items on my list + 4 areas that weren't even on my original list.  I have lots of hard areas left so I still have my work cut out for me to get it all done by the time my forty days are up.

Are you doing the 40 day challenge?  How's it going?  Let me know!  Send me before and after pictures!  My sister sent me some great ones.  I haven't been taking before pictures, but maybe I will take a tour of the house for after pictures when I am done.  I need someone to come over and borrow something so I can swing open my kitchen cabinets to show off their tidiness!  Usually, I take my chances opening up the Tupperware cabinet.  Something is always jumping and tumbling out of there! 

Kitchen

  1. Medicine Cabinet in Kitchen - Done
  2. Junk Drawers in Kitchen Island - Done
  3. Chip’s Junk Drawer in Kitchen - Done
  4. Utensil Drawer in Kitchen - Done
  5. Silverware Drawer in Kitchen - Done
  6. Spice Cabinet in Kitchen – Done
  7. Candle Cabinet in Kitchen - Done
  8. Recipes - Done
  9. Cabinets under Island in Kitchen (MAJOR) - Done
  10. Cabinet under Stove - Done
  11. Tupperware Cabinet in Kitchen - Done
  12. Shelves above Oven in Kitchen - Done
  13. Pantry (MAJOR)
  14. Water Bottle Cabinet in Kitchen
  15. Cabinets under Kitchen sink
  16. Refrigerator
  17. Freezer

Laundry Room

  1. Laundry Shelf - Done
  2. Baskets in Laundry Room - Done

Downstairs Bathroom

  1. Under Sink in Downstairs Bathroom
  2. Linen Closet Downstairs Bathroom

Mom’s Office

  1. Toy Bookshelf in my Office
  2. Office Desk
  3. Toy Closet in my Office (MAJOR)

Other Downstairs

  1. Under Stairs Closet (MAJOR)
  2. Hutch in Dining Room (MAJOR) - Done
  3. TV Cabinet in Living Room - Done

Master Bedroom

  1. Master Closet Hers (MAJOR)
  2. Under Sink in Master Bath - Done
  3. Mom’s Dresser
  4. Under Bed - Done
  5. Hallway Linen Closet - Done

Harry’s Bathroom

  1. Linen Closet Harry’s Bathroom
  2. Under Sink in Harry's Bathroom

Guest Bedroom

  1. Craft Closet (MAJOR)
  2. Guest Dresser - Done

Harry’s Bedroom

  1. Harry’s Closet
  2. Harry’s Bed Drawers
  3. Harry’s Desk

Chip’s Bedroom

  1. Chip’s Closet
  2. Chip’s Bed Drawers
Other Areas I have done that weren't on my original list:

42.  Cabinet above toaster
43.  Cabinet under toaster
43.  Cabinet under sink in Laundry Room
44.  Makeup drawer in Master Bath

The house is still a bit chaotic as I go from one area to the other, but definitely making some good progress.  Hope your new year is off to a cleansing start.  I know I am feeling lighter already!

Have a great day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment