Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Happy New Year

Hello my sweet readers!  I know I left you high and dry for a long, long period of time and I apologize. I did not fall off the end of the earth, I just couldn't find time to blog during the busy holiday season. 

We had a wonderful Christmas celebrating in Bama with the family.  It is always such a blessing to share the holidays with the people we love and this year was no exception.  There have been a mere two trips to the ER for us - but we don't think we are on vacation if someone doesn't need some after hours medical care.  All is well these days and folks are on the mend. 

Santa was very generous to the boys this year.  They deserve it...they were pretty awesome kids.  Chip was in Nerf and Lego nirvana.  He got a totally cool Jose Batista autograph picture and Alabama print for his room.  Harry was all technology and sports with a Blake Griffin autograph print topping his list of exciting loot.     

We spent seven nights in Bama, running up and down the Parkway visiting family.  We celebrate Megan's college graduation, wrapped gifts, made cookies, shopped, played games, ate, drank, ate, drank, ate, drank and were very merry.  

Then the inevitable happened and we had to pack up the old Suburban and do the dreaded 14 hour drive home.  It is never as fun as the drive there.  It was good to be home.  

So now...

The Christmas decorations are packed up and put away.  Yea!!!   

The Christmas presents have all been put together, played with, tried on, hung up, returned, exchanged and put away. 

A few of the extra pounds I picked up during the holidays have been removed.  More work to do on that front.  I have a plan and the confidence that I have all the tools and information I need to be healthy.  New food journal has been started.  Kitchen is stocked with the good food I know work to keep me in the Zone.  It will be hard to get off the carbs and sugar that have made their way into my mouth, but I know it is doable and totally worth it. 

As is pretty typical for this time of year, I have started a major purge and reorganization of the house.  I am actually doing a 40 Bags in 40 Day Purge challenge where every day for forty days you spend at least 30 minutes a day tackling a problem area in your house.  I have created a list with forty areas that need some attention and am working my way through them.....under the master bathroom sink, the tupperware cabinet, the spice cabinet, etc...  I was supposed to start the challenge today, but I started a couple of days ago.   Being off of work has allowed me to get a fast start on the list and carry about five bags out of this house already.  The Goodwill stack is also growing large!  I have marked twelve of the forty areas off my list.  Maybe I didn't make it hard enough? 

Here is a random list of things that I want to record for my own personal walk down memory lane:

1.  I got my first speeding ticket for going 41 in a 30.  
2.  Harry was awesome in Tuna Christmas. He was a perfect Arlis.  The cast saying Roll Tide excessively and often was just icing on the cake.  Can't wait to see what they do next. 
3.  Tape ball is hard and not a fun Christmas game.
4.  Hubby's aneurysm scan was not remarkable (which we are assuming is good news) but the blood clot caused by the IV in his arm is not good news. He gets the weirdest stuff! 
5.  Scout is a large dog.  A nice, large dog. 
6.  Hubby pulled his very first lap top out of his closet and it weighed a ton and a half.  Then he pulled four more out of the closet.  Boy needs to purge. 
7.  Pinkie toe infections are gross.
8.  Taking a real break from work is problematic.  I don't want to go back.  
9.  None of my nativity pieces were broken this year.  That must mean my boys are growing up. 
10.  I do not love College Bowl season being spread out over so many weeks.  I like all the games in a day or two.  No one asked me for my opinion, but I felt compelled to share it.
11.  A mini basketball backboard installed on the downstairs closet is loud and maybe not such a good idea.  Why do the boys have to love it?
12.  Can you possibly ever have a need for 7 potholders?   How many items can you take out of the oven at one time? 
13.  My visit to Lakeside is coming up in a hurry. Valentine craft ideas anyone?  
14.  Getting an early workout in on New Year's Day just feels awesome. Like I am a gym rat or something.  I am not, but I felt like one.  My arms are going to be sore tomorrow! 
15.  Roll Tide.  

Well, that is all I have to share for tonight.  I am sure I missed a ton of great happenings, but will catch you up if I think of them!  

I hope your New Year is blessed with good health and happiness and that you have more joy, laughter, love and adventure than ever before!   Do something kind for someone!   Share a smile.  Say "I love you".  Hug your kids.  I think 2013 is gonna be awesome! 

1 comment: