Thursday, January 17, 2013

Honey Lime Tilapia

This is my 600th post!  To celebrate, here is a delicious tilapia recipe for Karen!  But really and truly, everyone should try this.  I mean it.  Try it...I have made it twice in the last two weeks!  I love it!  


Honey Lime Tilapia
Ingredients
For the fish and marinade:
  • 4 (4-5oz) tilapia fillets (thawed if frozen)
  • Juice and zest of 1 lime
  • 1 Tbsp olive oil
  • 1½ Tbsp honey
  • ¼ tsp salt
  • ½ tsp pepper
  • ¼ tsp garlic powder
For dredging and cooking:
  • ½c flour (I used whole wheat flour)
  • ¼ tsp salt
  • ¼ tsp pepper
  • 1-2 Tbsp olive oil with a little butter thrown in for browning.
Instructions
  1. Assemble marinade by combining lime zest, lime juice, olive oil, honey, salt, pepper, and garlic powder in a gallon-sized zip-top bag or shallow container with a lid. Add fish and marinate in the refrigerator anywhere from 1 hour up to 24 hours*.
  2. When ready to cook, combine flour with salt and pepper on a plate. Remove each fish fillet from the marinade and dredge lightly with the flour on both sides (just a light, light coating).
  3. Heat 1-2 Tbsp olive oil and a little butter in a medium skillet over medium-high heat until shimmering. Cook fillets 2 at a time for 3-4 minutes per side or until opaque and browned (this works best if you don’t disturb the fish much while letting it cook).
  4. Serve with lime wedges.


Have a great night!

3 comments:

  1. I love lentil soup
    I cook these wonderful lentils as per directions on bag. They only take 30 minutes or so to cook. I may under cook a bit so they don't get real soggy. After that I add diced carrots, onions, Rotel, and cut up tiny piece of left over honey baked ham. Even with out the ham it is a tasty soup. Lentils are very healthy, not sure where they fall on the glycemic index. Love any soups.
    I also use spagetti squash instead of pasta with spagetti. I just cut the squash in half lengthwise, deseed, and microwave til tender. then shred and I brown it with some olive oil in a pan. you can add mushrooms and other fresh cooked veggies to it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love soups too! The Lentils sound delish! I have heard lots of people use squash as spaghetti. I can't even imagine the looks I would get from the boys if I tried that. Might be worth a try just to see their expression!

    ReplyDelete
  3. still reading. still laughing. enjoy the weekend.

    ReplyDelete