Saturday, January 26, 2013

Hot Date and Other News

It's Saturday - YEA!  It has been a busy week for me and I am welcoming Saturday with open arms!

Last night I had a hot date with not one, not two, but three cutie patooties.  Me and three fellas at the GLOBETROTTERS!!


We had such a good time.  Nice, respectful, funny kids!  Laughter and grins.  It just doesn't get much better than that!   Chip has a basketball game this afternoon at 2:00 and I will be watching him close to see if he bounces the ball off the refs butt or pulls down the pants of some kid shooting a free throw! Those Globetrotters plant some bad ideas!

We have had a couple big new projects pop up at work and I have been working 9 or 10 hour days.  I have had a nice break since the last big proposal so I am not complaining.  However, it just really doesn't leave much time for anything else.  My awesome boss is changing jobs and I am so sad.  Happy for her.  It is a great opportunity.  But so sad for me.  I will miss her.

I am pleased that I have finally managed to reel in my diet this week and am making some progress in the right direction!  I just feel so much better when I am eating clean and staying away from carbs.  Hopefully, I will be over the hump in the next few days and the cravings will be turned off!  I made Jamie Eason's Turkey Meatloaf Muffins one night this week and they were yummy.  A bit on the spicy side, but when you are talking about lean ground turkey, you have to have some spice.

Chip had a doctor's appointment Thursday with his neurologist and all is well.  We are a little over four years from his seizure and have had no recurrences.  His EEG results are still abnormal so we will just keep giving him his medicine.  Grateful that 100% of kids outgrow Benign Rolandic Epilepsy, usually by the time they are teenagers.  Can't argue with those odds.

Hubby has been in India this week but will be home tonight.  He left Monday afternoon and has spent about 45 hours traveling there and back.  Ridiculous amounts of time on a plane.  Thankfully, he got to fly first class this time and he said it wasn't too bad.  He will come home exhausted and probably a few pounds lighter.  We will be happy to have him any way we can get him.

Harry is taking his first SAT exam this morning.  He is drinking a cup of coffee as I type and trying to get all his brain cells awake and firing on all cylinders this morning.  Coffee + a bowl of Lucky Charms is probably not the breakfast of champions but it seems to work for him.  Good luck Buddy!

I am officially cutting down to one day a week in the gym with "Mr. Knowledge About the Human Body".  He gave me an at home circuit plan to do for strength training for my second day of the week.  We had a mat, a 10 pound ball and two eight pound hand weights.  He gave me four sets of three exercises to do together.  It was hard.  In fact I complained more yesterday that I have maybe ever.  I need to go get my supplies so I can give it a go next week.  I did do some awesome  push ups while using the hand weights as handles.  I thought I was a bad ass for the first set. Then I wanted to cry.  So, I will keep you posted on how it goes.

Finally, yesterday was our niece Malarie's birthday.  She is twenty eight years old.  She was born when I was eighteen years old.  She is just about that old in the picture below.  Dang, I was just a baby myself but I fell crazy in love with her right away.  I'm a big fan twenty eight years later!  Hope your birthday was an excellent celebration as awesome as you, Malarie!


For the rest of you, I hope your weekend is awesome as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment