Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Top Ten Tidbits

Let's rip off a quick Top Ten Tidbits.  I don't have much to say about anything, but I do have a little to say about ten things.  Here we go....

1.  My visit to Lakeside was today.  It was rainy and dreary and hard to get in the mood for a drive downtown in that yucky weather.  Thank goodness Martha was with me to keep me company.  As usual, turns out it was a fun day.  We walked into the community room and I am dripping wet, saying something like "Whew what a mess it is out there!"  and a short little lady who is there every time says "It might be dreary out there, but you guys always blow in here like some real sunshine!"  Now, that will just make your day!

2.  Chip has a mystery rash on his legs and one arm pit.  WTH?  We get the weirdest stuff.

3.  The closet under the stairs is so clean and organized it could possibly be used as another bedroom.  I go in there several times a day just to look around.  Why can't it stay this way forever?  I love it!  The 40 Day Purge is on track to be done way early!  I have just a couple of hard major clean-up areas left and the house will be in pretty good shape. I have had WAAYYYY more than 40 bags of trash and donations carried out of this house!  Cleansing.

4.  Biggest Loser is back on.  Love that show.  Jillian has been super mean to kick off the season.  Yikes.  She scares me.

5.  I am trying to start planning five meals a week.  I never do that.  I usually fly by the seat of my pants on the dinner front.  So five meal ideas. No particular days.  Just five things I will cook during the week.  Week one is going pretty well.  I have made three of the five dinners and have had every ingredient that I needed for each meal.  Novel idea, right?  I will keep you posted on how it goes through the year.

6.  We are planning to go to Arizona for Spring Break.  Counting down the days.  Not really counting the days, cause that would take a while, but definitely looking forward to it!

7.  This eating business is way harder once you have gotten the taste for carbs and sugar again.  I am struggling to get back to my strict diet.  I am trying to take one meal at a time and make it clean.  It is a choice and I am ready to make much better choices.  Need to also ramp up the exercise cause that will help me get back my focus.  Life long learning process.

8.  Bible Study starts back on Monday morning!  Looking very forward to that!

9.  I had nine old cell phones, plus a few from Beth that I boxed up to send to a Cellular Recycling Center.  The old phones are recycled and used to provide minutes for service men and women in the military.  Free shipping label to send them in.  I like that.

10.  We got Bob hooked up with a smart phone over the Christmas break so that he could join the world of texting.  He is rocking the texting.  One of his first texts to me:  "I miss talking".  He is so good now he can take pictures with his phone and send them in a message!  WHAT!  That is unheard of.  We also requested he turn on Lana's texting capability.  She hasn't quite embraced it as enthusiastically, but she will come around.

That is all I have for this evening!  I hope your Hump Day has been full of love, joy and happiness!


No comments:

Post a Comment