Yea, that thing called life happened again!
I am so glad that my blog can't pull on me like a toddler demanding attention...it just sits here all quietly waiting for me to come back! Thank you blog. I appreciate your patience.
I have been keeping a few bullet point items that I didn't want to miss talking about so I will let that be my post today.
* Chip's basketball game last week was epic. He scored 12 of the 18 points for his team. Hit two three pointers, one just in the nick of time to send them into overtime. It was thrilling. Fans were cheering and screaming. It was a back and forth, well played, well matched game that was so exciting. It ended in a tie after double overtime. It was better than any NBA game I have ever seen! So proud of Chip and the Thunder!
* Bob had a birthday last week. Happy Birthday Dad! I hope you had a wonderful day and that your year ahead is filled with more joy, laughter and love than you can stand. I love you very much!
* We pulled off the Cross Country Trivia Night last weekend and made about $3500 for the team. That will make for a nice pot of money for College Scholarships! My table had a very respectable score, but dang it was much harder than last year! My only contribution to the entire evening is that I knew Jordin Sparks song Tattoo. Pitiful. Without Beth's husband Tony we might have gone 0-10 in the science round. He knew some crazy crap like what "vulcanizing" rubber was! I am stunned by how little I know. Embarrassing, but fun!
* Our friends the Templetons are building a new house and we finally went out to see if last weekend. OMG...it is the most beautiful, well thought out house I have ever seen. Storage at every turn, electrical outlets in the drawers, a mud room that made me seriously want to move right in. TO THE MUD ROOM! So many neat features that it still wows me when I think about it. She put a little counter area in her bedroom for a coffee maker. Swoon. All the bedrooms have dressers built into the closets - so smart! Laundry chute. Built in crates for the dogs. Pull out spice drawers. This amazing brick wall in the office. Electrical switches in the closet to control the outlets in the eaves of the house for Christmas lights. Just every detail was so well planned. It is still under construction with a few more weeks left to put the finishing touches on it. I can't wait to see it again!
* We watched the Superbowl at the Berry's and they had another spectacular house. Lovely outdoor space, beautiful kitchen and so beautifully decorated. I could have easily moved right in there too! And the food. OMG! They had these dove breast stuffed with jalapenos and wrapped in bacon then grilled. Out of this world! And there was this Ahhhhmazing cream cheese chili dip that was hot and ridiculous. The game turned out to be good too! That blackout was weird though wasn't it? Didn't care who one or lost but it was fun to watch it with friends.
* With Ahhhmazing cream cheese dip and bacon wrapped dove, you can imagine that my scale was not exactly nice to me on Monday morning. I was in a funk on Tuesday when I went to see Mr. Knowledge About the Human Body. Now, I have made pretty decent choices but was still eating carbs (the bad kind...like wheat thins) which means I was craving carbs and just not eating very clean all the time. I was definitely eating healthy but not as clean as I needed to be eating. My weight has been stuck for months now. I am up and down the same three or four pounds over and over again. Maintaining like a pro, but I am maintaining at the wrong weight. Ol' Mr. Knowledge gave me an earful this week and sent me out of the gym with some very specific orders about what I was going to be eating this week. The man is a genius. His speech pissed me off just a little, motivated me a bunch and I have done EXACTLY what he told me to do and guess what....down five pounds since Tuesday and heading in to new territory! Feeling invincible today! I was wearing some smaller jeans yesterday and they weren't even tight! YEA! Super pumped about getting closer to my final goal so I can do maintenance for real!
* I am still down to one day a week in the gym with Mr. Knowledge, so I am doing my at home workout another day of the week. Yesterday Beth came over to the house and did it with me. It was much, much better to do it with a friend, but it is still hard. I have decided that I hate ball squats and I miss mirrors. Weird, considering I am not usually a fan of mirrors. But when you are working out it is kind of cool to see what muscles are working and how your form looks in a mirror. Never, ever thought I would say that.
* One of my sweet little craft friends at Lakeside passed away this week. Her name was Darlene. It made me sad.
* Work is brutal. Busy, busy, busy, busy! Back to full time + hours for a while. Hopefully it won't last but a couple of weeks this time.
* I still have eight things on my 40 Bags in 40 Day Purge list. Going to try to mark a couple off this weekend since we don't have much going on. I was going gang busters on the list and I am determined to finish the rest of them.
* Doing our first college visit next week to Texas A&M. AACCCKKKK!!!!!
* Private Practice is over. That is one of my favorite shows. I didn't even know the season was ending much less the entire series. Bummer.
Well, that is all I have rattling around in my brain for today. Off to clean a closet, get some boys a haircut, watch a basketball game and then hopefully sit and watch it rain for a while. Should be a relaxing weekend!