Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Hope for Tomorrow

There is so much sad news - my heart is just heavy.  The Boston Marathon tragedy just makes me sick to my stomach.  I can't imagine working so hard to qualify for the Boston Marathon...what a personal accomplishment....an iconic race in a historic city on a gorgeous day to run...pushing your body beyond its capacity...hitting the wall....winning the mental challenge to keep going...the finish line is in sight.... to be so close to the finish line...your family is there cheering for you...so proud to watch you realize a dream... and then in an instant that dream is taken away by such unfathomable evil.  Innocent people killed, severely injured, terror, fear...senseless, senseless, senseless.  I saw something that said "If you're trying to defeat the human spirit, marathoners are the wrong group to target."  That is the truth.  Marathoners will persevere.  They will overcome.  That is what they do.

Now, I am watching the late breaking news of the explosion at the Fertilizer Plant in West Texas.  More people hurt.  Injured.  It looks terrible and my heart just goes out to the people involved. 

I do want to say that through all of this...the overwhelming truth I know is that there is so much more good in the world than there is evil.  Our firefighters.  Our police.  Our medics.  Our doctors.  How blessed we are by your service.  Running towards trouble instead of away from it.  Your hearts are golden and your courage is mammoth.  

Now, let's lighten this up a little bit before I start crying.....

Here is some good news:
  • Bob and Lana are on heading our way tomorrow!  May be dodging bad weather so prayers for safe travels would be appreciated. 
  • Harry has a job interview next Tuesday!  Fingers crossed! 
  • I had our carpets professionally cleaned today!  They look awesome!  The technician brought a black light with him to check for pet stains.  If that cat wasn't dead already I would have killed her.  
My hope for tomorrow is that there will be more good news than bad news, more hope than sorrow, more heroes than villains.......more of all the wonderful things.....more love, more peace, more patience, more compassion, more faith, more joy.  

No comments:

Post a Comment