Saturday, April 13, 2013

Saturday Celebrations

An easy breezy Saturday morning.  Bliss.  Nothing on the agenda.  Rare indeed.  So what will I do with this wide open space on my calendar?

First, I will wake up at 5:30 a.m. to a quiet house.  Get the coffee brewing, the washing machine churning, drink about three cups of yummy coffee, tidy up the kitchen a little bit, write a blog.

Let me quickly relive a special moment from yesterday.  I attended my 12th and final Bobcat Bash School Carnival.   It was a glorious afternoon.  Sunny and 77 degrees.  Gorgeous.  I worked the ticket booth for about an hour and a half.  It was so fun!  The music was blaring.  The smell of popcorn in the air.  The place was crawling with people...parents, teachers, little kids, big kids, current students, past students.  My Chip ran all over that campus with his buddies.  He was trading water balloon yo-yos, playing games, shopping the bake sale...he had a great time.  It is a wonderful fundraiser for a wonderful school.

And with the rest of this beautiful Saturday....

Harry is taking the ACT test this morning.  He would not eat breakfast.  That is a cardinal rule for test taking.  Don't come in on an empty stomach.  I could not convince him...so I packed him a bag of goldfish and away he went.  Good luck Harry!

I will get the guest room ready for Mer and Grandpa to arrive next week.  Yea!  Yea!  Yea!  Wash some sheets, clean up the craft closet so they can hang a shirt up without tripping over poster board, plastic bins, sparkle glitter and suitcases.  Fluff some pillows.  Maybe even vacuum upstairs.  Plan some meals to feed my parents.  Get my project list updated, dusted off and prioritized.

I am going to work out in the yard.  Cut back stuff, clean out flower beds, clean up leaves, wash off pollen.  I have filled up four big garbage cans for the last three weekends and I will have no trouble doing it today.

I need to get to the store to buy some crickets for Bama the lizard.  Chip will be cleaning out his cage today.

In addition to the household chores I want to mark off my list today, I will also celebrate 22 years of marriage to Hubby.  Twenty two years since we tied the knot in that little church on the top of Monte Sano mountain.  That is a long time.  That is an accomplishment.  We have grown up together.  Started dating when we were 17 and 18 years old.  Dated for over seven years before we were married.  December of this year will mark 30 years since we had our first date.  We have been blessed with two wonderful kids, awesome adventures, travels, laughs, traditions and every day reasons to celebrate.  We have endured sad times, loss, trials, disagreements and problems like every other couple that commits to a long term relationship.  Today, won't be an elaborate celebration of our marriage, but make no mistake about it we are grateful and know that our relationship is definitely something to celebrate.  I would do it all again.  A hundred times over.  I would pick him to go through life with over any other person on the face of the earth.  I can't wait to see what the next twenty two years hold for us!

Should be a great weekend.

To wrap up this Saturday morning post I am going to include this picture of my Chipster.  I run across this picture on my phone every once in a while and it always just cracks me up. We were in a shoe store and Chip was trying to amuse himself.  I turned around and there he stood holding the hand of a headless mannequin.  Just makes me laugh every time.



Enjoy your weekend!

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your 30 years together. If I had it to do all over again, I would choose to spend my life with your husband as well. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Anniversary! That means it was 22 years ago that I started working with you - how is that possible? Congratulations!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. And do you set your alarm to get up at 530am? That is not natural on a Saturday to awake so early. LOL! I really need to try that. I know it would get so much done before Mom arises at 100pm.

    ReplyDelete