Thursday, April 11, 2013

Teenage Theatre Text

This afternoon I get the following text message from Harry:


Harry:  Hey Ma.  Phones got barely any juice left.  Just reminding u that I will be at rehearsal tonight.

Me:  Ok!  Thanks!

Harry:  Oh and I'm gonna miss school most of tomorrow.  The health sciences class is doing like a drill of a school shooting and I'm gonna be a guy shot in the chest....so uhhhh yeah.  Hobby checked me out for my first two periods.

Me:  Yikes!


Geez.  I am not sure I am crazy about my boy participating in a drill of a school shooting, much less that he is going to be fake shot in the chest.  My goodness.  Violent much?   Definitely not a performance I will be interested in watching.  My passionate prayer is that they will be prepared by going through the drill and that they will never, ever have to use it!

No comments:

Post a Comment