Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Boys and Beans

Chip had his DARE graduation last week.  Drug Awareness Resistance Education.  One boy and one girl from each class were selected to read their essay about all the great things they learned in DARE this year.  Chip was the boy reader and did a great job! 






He was awarded a medal and was very proud! 


Chip and Dad at the ball field. 


Guess what the primary ingredient is in this Deep Dish Chocolate Pie I made tonight? 

Are you ready?

It is a doozie....

Would you believe....

GARBANZO BEANS!!! 

Yep, two cans of beans, drained, rinsed and blended up with oatmeal, applesauce, vanilla, sugar and some other ingredients.  Never in a million years did I think my boys would eat these.  And, not in two million years did I think they would like it.  

They ate it.  

I told them what was in it.

They kept eating it.  

They LOVED IT!

It is most definitely not a vegetable side dish, but how fun that I made something with healthy ingredients and they ate it!  It will be making an appearance at Thanksgiving, Christmas and other special occasions around here!  

So what has been up with Harry, you ask?  He is working!  At his job!  He has a funny story every time he walks through the door.  Very enjoyable. 

The other night I went in to tell him goodnight and he said "Mom, is this it.  Now I will be working for the rest of my life?"  I said "Maybe".   He said "You were so right....I should have enjoyed the nothingness more!"  Yep, he is growing up.

He is also learning physics.  He had to build a rocket.

I called in Mr. Knowledge to give him a hand.  Here is Mr. Knowledge now with some expert advice for our student. 




I hope one of them learned something! 

Happy Hump Day! 

1 comment:

  1. Wow, that chocolate pie looks so good. Proud of you Chipster and Harry.

    ReplyDelete