Monday, May 20, 2013

Top Ten Tidbits

This post is for Sandy....she misses my ramblings.  Silly girl!  You asked for it!

1.  I went to the farmer's market this Saturday with my girl Beth.  I purchased a bounty of produce.


2.  I am using this produce as fast as I am buying it in my handy, dandy juice machine.  My juicer is getting a workout! 


3.  There are two days left till my little Chipster turns eleven.  He is stoked.  Jazzed.  Excited.  Oh, to be eleven again.

4.  Hubby is playing softball tonight.  He hasn't played in years.  The boys were so excited to go watch him.  I can't wait to hear how it goes.  I told him to remember he is old and not to slide into second and come home bleeding!

5.  I took Chip and Harry shopping on Saturday.  Harry is in need of a 'fancy' outfit for the Thespian Banquet.  That means he can't wear athletic shorts.  Anyway, while we were shopping for dress pants and a dress shirt he ran across some electric blue shorts that he wanted.  I mean BLUE - Bright Blue - Fluorescent Blue.  Do you understand how these are not regular blue shorts.  Not Navy. Not Royal blue.  Not Light Blue.  Chip looks at him and says "Really Harry? I guess now I know what it is like to have a sister."  We all cracked up and then Harry chased him around trying to clobber him.  Brothers.

6.  Harry survived his first solo shift at work without a trainer.  Lettuce, tomato, pickles and onions all made their way to the correct bun.  Good work Harry!

7.  Our Ten for Him group in the neighborhood is awesome.  I Love it.  Love it.  Love it.

8.  Bob and Lana are setting out on a 30 day trek driving across the U.S from Alabama to Washington to take an Alaskan cruise.  I can't wait to hear the stories.  It should be epic!

9.  Ping pong has had a rebirth in our house.  We played at the Templeton's house this weekend and the very next day the dining room table was cleared off, the net was found and put up, paddles and ping pong balls are every where.

10.  My backyard is a disaster area...but isn't this rose bush pretty?   Why is the picture distorted?  I have no idea.  I should call the help desk.


I must go cook dinner for the softball player and his entourage!  They should be home shortly!

Hope your week ahead is brilliant!

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the post, keep them coming. Can't wait to hear "Tales of the Trip"!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please tell us how many glasses of juiced veggies, fruit you consume daily and are you the only juice drinker? Also, please list some of you favorite combos. One of my co-workers juices and loves it. Love to hear of some of the nasty tasting ones as well.
    Pretty, pretty roses. Love those flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gail - I am drinking lots of different concoctions, but I will do a post on my favorites soon! I will also include a few that made me feel like I was eating grass directly from the backyard!

    ReplyDelete