Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Wrapping up July

My goodness, where has this month gone!!  I can't hardly believe we jump into August on Thursday of this week!  ACK!!!

Highlights from the last couple of days:

1.  I got my hair cut off.  It is short and I love it.  Really, really love it.

2.  Hubby and I went to a little Happy Hour with some friends in the neighborhood on Friday night.  I drank several glasses of wine.  I felt like I was detoxing the remainder of the weekend.

3.  Chip had his annual EEG this morning to see if he has outgrown his Epilepsy!  They asked for him to show up with clean, dry hair - no sugar in the morning and sleep deprived.  He was limited to no more than six hours of sleep.  Making sure Chip was sleep deprived means we are all sleep deprived.  He was able to fall asleep during the EEG, which is kind of important.  Fingers crossed that this is the year he is free and clear and can stop taking his medication.

4.  Today, Harry hit the "Submit" button on two college applications.  One was submitted to Arizona State University and other went to the University of Alabama.  Now we wait.  I still can't believe this is happening.

5.  We went to war on the backyard bushes again.  It involved an ax.

6.  We have a big time relocation going on upstairs.  Chip is moving into the guest room.   The guest room is going into Chip's old room. Harry's bed is moving into Chip's new room.  Chip's old bed is moving into Harry's room.  Harry wants to downsize his bed and upsize his man cave motif.  Chip has big plans for his new room with awesome ways to display his trophies, lego sets and sports junk.  It is going to go down over the next couple of weeks.  There will be pictures.

7.  I painted the baseboards in my master bathroom.  They needed it desperately.  It felt like a major accomplishment.  I love the smell of paint.  

8.  School starts in about four weeks.

9.  The neighborhood association sent us a nasty letter via certified mail telling us to get our portable basketball goal out of the street.  Stupid rules.  Hubby loves dragging it up and down the driveway on the daily.

10.  Chad is putting me on a new eating plan.  I need a new eating plan.  I will fill you in on all the details when I get them figured out.

11.  Bob and Lana are drinking kale on the regular.  Way to go.

Hope your evening is spectacular!

2 comments:

  1. #11 LOL so not true

    ReplyDelete
  2. We recently received a love letter from our HOA that a visitor had exceeded the number of hours allowed in a year to park on the street! It might be time to consider a move from the HOA.

    ReplyDelete