So, I am ready to get back to it. Ready to get back to writing pretty regular. Ready to get back to the trivial and funny. Back to the day to day memories. Let's deal with the big stuff in short order and then we can move on.
Bob's prostate test wasn't great.
My Granny died.
My mom lost her mom. That makes me sad.
Bob had his prostate removed and some biopsies taken.
Bob's biopsy came back a little off.
Bob is going to have radiation.
My sweet Harry is going to graduate and go to college.
That makes me so happy, proud, petrified and also gives me a giant hive on my back.
I am calling it my college hive. It is large and itchy. I hope it doesn't stay with me the whole time he is in college.
That is the big, scary stuff that has been happening around here - but I have sat on it, stewed on it, worried over it long enough and now we are going to get back to the regular stuff. Let me think back over the last few weeks and give you some highlights. It will be a ten tidbits mini version:
1. Harry got a great scholarship offer from Arizona State. I think he has just about decided that is where he is going to go to college. One more visit scheduled to Phoenix just to be sure.
2. Chip was named Super Band Member of the Week at his Middle School! He was so excited. And we were so proud of him.
3. The very next week, he tripped in the band hall on a girl's trombone and crushed it to smithereens. Like really crushed it. He was mortified.
4. Harry has this disease call "senioritis" - it is a disease where you are already accepted in to a college and so you don't give a crap about the rest of high school. I thought that might rear its ugly head the last six weeks of school or so....apparently it has struck a little early.
5. Chip came home from school today barfing. He is still barfing at least once an hour. I love being a mom. Actually, there is not much sweeter than a boy who wants his mom cause he doesn't feel good.
6. We have the perfect storm happening at work. Three big fat hairy hard projects all at once. All with deadlines. All with big volume of work. It is fun.
7. Thanksgiving is less than three weeks away. What??? How did that happen??
8. Harry's girl is coming over tomorrow to watch the Bama game with us. I hope they win or she may not be invited back. Would that be rude?
9. Bob sent out a hysterically funny email about having his tubes removed after surgery. I will be sharing it. You should check back...it will be worth it.
10. Baseball is over. Flag football is over. We have nothing this weekend. It is a beautiful thing. I am going to clean out the fridge - then fill it up again.
Glad to be back. Hope to be back regularly.