Monday, December 9, 2013

Engaged!

My fabulous niece Malarie and her wonderful guy Brett got engaged tonight!   So exciting!


Not the best picture in the world - but that was an epic Christmas morning with magical snow and is just one of my favorites!

Look at this gorgeous ring!



I was so excited.
Thrilled for them.
They are a great couple.

Then I cried.
Cause she was just born.
Like five minutes ago.
And I remember the day she came home from the hospital like it was yesterday.

Such an exciting day.
We decorated their condo with streamers and posters.
She was a precious baby.
I loved her.

Then she was a precious toddler.
Cutest damn kid ever.
We made her say cute words that sounded like bad words.
I loved her.

Then she was kind of a brat.
But in a way that you couldn't help but laugh at.
I loved her.

Then she was in school.
Had gobs of friends always around her.
I loved her.

Then she was a teenager.
There were boys and parties and school.
I loved her.

Then she graduated from high school.
I was dumbstruck then at how fast the time had gone by.
I loved her.

Then she went to college.
Joined a sorority.
Got smart.
I loved her.

She moved into her first apartment.
It was sketchy at best.
I worried about her.
I loved her.

Then she met Brett.
They moved to Tuscaloosa.
Set up their little family.
I loved her.

Now she is an adult.
Working a job.
Being a stepmom.
Getting married.
A genuine, sincere, hysterically funny, beautiful adult woman that I have loved for a long time.

So tonight there was crying.
It was ugly crying.
And there was snot.

I sent her a picture of my face, with the tears and the snot.
It was not pretty.
She laughed like I knew she would.

Then she showed it to Brett and....
I got uninvited to the wedding for a short while due to the snot situation.
But I think I am back in.

I already feel like Brett is part of the family.
He fixes stuff that shouldn't be fixed.
He goes all in with Nerf wars with my boys.
He takes ping pong a little bit serious.
He loves Alabama football and lets my Harry cuss about it when he needs to.
He tries EPIC stunts.
He is a keeper.
I love him too.

They are both so lucky to have each other.

I can't wait to see how the rest of their fairytale plays out!
Just thrilled to be part of it!

Congratulations!!!

3 comments:

  1. What a nice post.. Loved the snow in the background.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, I'm crying again! Mostly because of that horrible picture that I look completely miserable in, haha! What a sweet post! Thank you!! We are so lucky to have you guys in our lives! Now let's throw some parties!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet, sweet!! Congrats to Malarie and Brett!! Fun times ahead! Beth

    ReplyDelete