Sunday, January 12, 2014

Quick Recap...Let's Get Caught Up!

Let's do a quick and dirty recap so we can move on to today!

Christmas highlights:

Started off in San Antonio -  the boys went to a Spurs game.  I stayed at a hotel and watched some terrible TV.

Driving 14 hours in one day is just hard.   It is all fun and games for the first 11 hours and then something snaps and you have no choice but to go crazy.  It is a rule.  So damn happy to get out of that car.  Always much more enjoyable in my memories than when it is actually happening.

Wrapping fun.  I had lots to wrap when I rolled into town.  My parents helped.  My sister helped.  My niece helped.  We laughed.  Talked about 1,001 ways to wear your hair.  That is important stuff when you are an eleven year old girl.  It was a great first day in Bama.

Trouble. The game. Nightly tournaments.  Two boards.  Brackets.  It was serious.  Might have been some cussing.  There was definitely some laughing.  Hard core Trouble.  It will go down in history.

Puppies.  Two of them.  One got nicknamed Pork and Beans.  He is being fostered by a Vegan.  That is kind of funny.  I am sure there will a new name for the suite patootie.  The other is named Satchmo.  He has green eyes.  Precious.  His new Mom and Dad are the newly engaged Brett and Malarie.  Nice to hold a puppy.  Why do they smell so good?

Joy, joy, joy...of an eleven year old boy at 5:45 a.m. on Christmas morning.  His seventeen year old brother was happy - but not eleven year old happy.  If you could bottle that joy, it could change the world.   We were all happy - but a kid's joy at Christmas is just magical.

Food.  Good grief the food. I am battling the overindulgence still.


New Year highlights:

Fun, food and entertainment!  Thanks Beth!  She fed us well on New Year's Eve and on New Year's Day!

The big boys went to the Music City Bowl and the Chick Fil A bowl.  Had a great time.  Ate at Krystals three times in two short days.  It was too much.

All the Christmas decorations are put away.  House is back to normal.  Kids are back to school.

I ordered Harry's Cap/Gown and graduation announcements yesterday.  YIKES!

Resolutions for me include:  Putting work in its place...leaving me with less stress and more to give to my boys, spending time reading the Bible each morning before turning on any electronics, making time for friends.  If I can manage to do those few things then it is sure to be a great year!

Planning up some vacations.  Always fun to look forward to that.

Read a great book "The Fault In Our Stars".  FANTASTIC!  Laughed, cried, could not put it down.

So that is the quick snap shot.  I have some great pictures from the holidays - need to edit and resize them so I can upload them to share!

Happy New Year friends!  Hope you are off to a brilliant start!

No comments:

Post a Comment