Sunday, September 14, 2014

Mountain Men

Sunday was a lazy day.  So lazy that I watched an eight hour marathon of a show called Mountain Men.  I never, ever, ever, ever, ever just sit and watch random television, but I sure did a job of it on Sunday.  I started out bouncing around between a couple of real doozies....Swamp'd (Don't - just don't ever, ever watch it), Fat Guys In the Woods (that is a real show...and I watched an episode.  Save yourself) and Mountain Men.  Before I knew it, I was invested.  I was watching Kyle, Tom, Marty, Rich and a host of others surviving on mountain ranges from Alaska to North Carolina.

They were trapping wolverines, busting down beaver dams, tracking mountain lions, falling in frozen rivers, surviving against incredible odds, building a giant wood storage shed, scaring off wolf packs, hunting buffalo.  It was unreal.

There are really people who are living off the land.  Like in remote parts of the United States.  I can understand the remoteness of Alaska...maybe even Montana.  But if you live in New Mexico, is it really necessary to teach your son how to hunt buffalo?  They were crouching behind the brush to sneak up on the buffalo saying if we don't get this buffalo we won't have any meat to fill the freezer.  I am all screaming at the television....Dude, there is probably a Wal-Mart within an hour drive of your place.  They have meat there.  Go to Wal-Mart, they have everything.

It was quite fascinating and I can't wait till Season 4 starts.  I will totally be watching.  In fact, I may go back and watch Seasons 1 and 2 to see what I have missed.

So chalk this up to a day I will never get back.  Total slacker.  I loved it.  If you haven't watched Mountain Men on the History channel...tune in.  It is way better than Fat Guys in the Woods.  Guaranteed.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a good watch. Us Mountain men in Bama will start tuning in. I thought my TV had only the 8 channels of ESPN

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ain't yoourn daaaug is it... Dueling Bangos playing in the back ground

      Delete