Saturday, April 25, 2015

Moving On

I am starting a new job on Monday.  Same company.  Different job.   Not something that was in my plan.  Especially, not in my plan to go from part time to full time, but that is the situation.  I have never been caught up in a business decision that impacted my personal career decisions quite as much as this has.  It has been a difficult couple of weeks coming to terms with it - but I have come to terms with it and will be moving on.

I work with some really nice people and I will miss them.  I am most sad about leaving my partner in crime, Wanda.  We were thrown together about four years ago to lead a big program and I never could have imagined the impact she would have on me in that time.  I did not know her very well and really had no expectations going into the position.  We quickly formed a bond, learned each others strengths and weaknesses and made decisions about how we could share the duties.  We communicated daily.  Multiple times daily sometimes.  It was highly stressful sometimes, but we worked together really well.  When needed, she covered for me and I covered for her.  We knew each other's hot buttons and before too long could finish each other's sentences.  We definitely felt pressure to meet deadlines and solve big ugly problems that cropped up from time to time, but we could count on each other.  Without question and without fail.  Working with her was a pleasure and we have a sincere mutual respect for each other.  Regardless of whether we work together or not, we will be friends for life.  I am sure of that.

She sent me flowers on my last day of work.  And the sweetest note.  It made me cry.



I am going to miss her. 

Moving on to a new challenge.  Wish me luck! 

No comments:

Post a Comment