Monday, June 29, 2015

Lakeside Yard Sale

My living room is a yard sale staging area!  I spent all day yesterday sorting through donations, making up sets of things like sheets and towels, grouping like items in piles and packing boxes for easy transport.  My dining room table is still covered in all manner of bed linens, towels, rugs...you name it.




Such great donations have been given to me by my friends and neighbors and I can't wait to unload them at Lakeside and see the smiles!  A Free Yard Sale....it is a great concept and a day the residents look forward to every year. There are always a couple of people that try to take more than their share, but I have gotten pretty good at policing them.  There are far many more people who take the time to tell me how much they have needed new dishes or a set of sheets or how much they love the necklace they got or the purse they are going to give to their daughter.  I have even more donations in the back of my car, so I will be back at it again tonight!  Hope to have it all organized before we go on vacation so it will just need to be loaded up and delivered on the day of the sale.

In other weekend news, we went to a 50th birthday party for our friend Tony on Saturday night.  It was a great shindig with great food and lots of friends.  There was also a margarita machine.  I was apparently dehydrated and felt the need to replenish all my bodily fluids with delicious, cold, tasty margarita. I was sucking those thing down like it was my job.  I felt the error of my ways on Sunday morning.  OY!  Maybe a water or two between margaritas would have been a better choice.  I may never drink again.  Wait....who are we kidding!  I probably won't drink again for a while.  Like a week.

Chip's last baseball game of the season was rained out.  They were in the lower bracket championship game, but the skies opened up and it POURED right before their game.  The tournament was cancelled and because they were the highest seed they got the trophy.  Kind of anti-climatic to show up, not play and come home with a trophy.  Nevertheless, it was a weird season with so much rain interrupting so many games.  Kind of appropriate that it ended on another rain out.

Between nursing my hang over and yard sale prep yesterday, I made Pioneer Woman's Meatloaf recipe.


Look at that hunk of meat going into the oven.  Covered in bacon and barbecue sauce.  Me and Harry gave it an enthusiastic thumbs up.  Hubby said it was fine.  Chip was not a fan.  Pretty typical.  Can't please all the people all the time.  EVER!  Unless, I make schnitzel.  All the people like schnitzel all the time.  Leftovers for me and Harry this week! 

I hope that you have an awesome Monday! 

No comments:

Post a Comment