Chip and I went to Mel's Sunday afternoon for a little bowling and billiards.
Pre-game. He thought he had a chance.
First frame...I threw a strike, he got two gutters. He knew he was in trouble.
I pulled out a 156 (which honestly is way better than I bowled even back in my league days!) and he shot an 85. It was a bit of a bowling wonder. We bowled a three game series. He got better each game and I got worse. Bowling balls are heavy! Chip was a bit peeved that he didn't beat me, so he suggested a game of pool to see if he could redeem himself.
Guess what? I was on fire at pool, too! I was hitting crazy shots that certainly were not due to any billiard skills I have developed in my life, so we can only assume it was pure luck.
Sometimes, luck is enough! Any given day!!
In other news.....
- I am registering for a 1/2 marathon today. Why, why, why is running so hard? Why is 13.1 miles so damn far?
- Loved the MLB Home Run Derby last night! The new rules made it much more exciting. I couldn't have picked Todd Frazier out of a police lineup before last night and I was totally pulling for him by the end of the derby! Hometown Hero! Great story!
- Bob and Lana are heading up to Baltimore today! Crab heaven! Praying for safe travels, wonderful visits with dear, old friends, and lots of wonderful memories.
- The Lakeside yard sale is tomorrow! Can't wait to share all the wonderful goodies with my peeps at Lakeside!
- I signed the family up for an iFly adventure this weekend. Indoor skydiving! Can't wait!
That is all for now! Hope your work week is off to a great start! Bring it on, Tuesday!