Monday, May 16, 2016

Life with Boys

We had a lazy weekend around these parts.  I ran some errands...grocery store, crickets, Lowe's, birthday shopping for my Chip.   But there was ALOT of downtime.  We played lots of cards, watched a movie, cooked some meals, bird watched…basic hanging around.

This morning at 7:35 a.m. Chip is laying in the floor of my office talking about how unprepared his theatre group is for their performance today.  He is dreading it.  Then he says as if a light bulb went off in his head "Oh, I need to wear khaki pants tomorrow for Athletics."

Me:  "Can you wear your khaki shorts?"
Chip:  "No.  It has to be pants?"
Me:  "Can you wear your black dress pants?"
Chip:  "No, mom.  It has to be khaki pants."
Me:  "Well, you don't own a pair of khaki pants."
Chip:  "I don't?"
Me:  "No. Do you ever remember wearing khaki pants?"
Chip:  "No, I guess not."
Me:  "I sure wish you would have told me that this weekend, when we had some free time."
Chip:  "Oh.  Well, I just remembered.  We can go after school."
Me:  "You have practice after school."
Chip:  "Can you go?"

This entire situation does not surprise me at all. In fact, I am going to count my lucky stars that is isn't Tuesday morning at 7:35 when he tells me he needs the pants.

No comments:

Post a Comment