1. Get Baptized
2. Volunteer to feed the homeless
3. See the Giant Redwoods (August 2013)
4. Visit Colorado in the winter
5. Slow dance in a piano bar
6. Go to Alaska (July 18, 2011)
7. Write a letter to my children to read when I die
8. Ride a horse on the beach
9. See Mt. Rushmore
10. Take a vacation in an RV
11. See a whale in the ocean (July 17, 2011)
12. Drive through Maine in the fall (or summer! July 2015)
13. Have a room in my home professionally decorated.
14. Make an apple pie, with a lattice top, completely from scratch. (Completed 7/5/10)
15. Visit all 50 U.S. States (Remaining: Utah, Idaho, Montana, Wyoming, North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska, Iowa, Wisconsin)
16. Work on a Habitat for Humanity house
17. Take my boys to Atlantis
18. Take a two week vacation in a little house on the beach.
19. Read Gone With the Wind. (Completed 8/17/10)
20. Complete a Bible Study. (Completed 12/6/10)
21. Run another 1/2 marathon (and enjoy it!) (Completed 2/21/16)
22. Anonymously pay for the meal of a young service man in a restaurant. (Completed 12/4/10)
23. Journal for a solid year. (Completed)
24. Visit a winery and learn something about the beverage I enjoy so much (Completed 5/21/16)
25. Make a t-shirt quilt for my children
26. Make homemade ice cream with an old crank machine. (Completed 9/4/10)
27. Take an art class (painting, ceramics, glass blowing, needle point) (Completed 2/3/11)
28. Go berry picking and make a cobbler
29. Visit one of those tropical hotels where the rooms are huts over the water with glass floors.
30. Try a spin class. (Completed 4/14/12)
31. See a Broadway production in New York City. (Completed 4/19/14)
32. Grow my fingernails long enough to get a manicure. (Completed 9/12/10)
33. Take a cruise (July 16, 2011)
34. Do Yoga (June 2012)
35. Tailgate at an Alabama football game with my boys
36. Take a dance class (Jazzercise - March 2014)
37. Implement a No TV Game Night every Tuesday night for a year.
38. Write a family update every three or four months to send to our elderly family friends that do not have computers.
39. Provide Christmas for a family in need (Completed 12/12/11)
40. Make a beautiful birthday cake.
41. Volunteer to spend time with someone in a nursing home. (Completed 3/30/11)
42. Learn to play tennis
43. Get caught up on my filing. (Completed 1/21/11)
44. Get a legal Last Will and Testament in place. (Completed 9/24/15)
45. Swim in the world's largest swimming pool (San Alfonso del Mar. Algarrobo, Chile)
46. Talk less and listen more.
47. Take a nap in hammock by the
48. Drive the entire Pacific Coast Highway.
49. Visit an Art Museum (Completed 6/25/11)
50. Print this list out and hang it where I can see it daily! (Completed 6/29/10)
I am going to revisit, revamp this list and set some new goals for a 60 Things To Do Before I Am 60 list. Won't you join me? What do you want to do in the next ten years?