Wednesday, September 14, 2016

Audio Books - Who Knew?

My sweet, lovely, loyal blog reading friend, Sandy (Hey, Sandy!) was texting with me the other day and we got on the subject of books on tape or audio books.  Whatever you call them, it is when someone reads a book out loud to you!  She is a big fan and I told her I had never listened to a book on tape.  She hooked me right up with an introduction to "Audible" an app for audio books.  She also sent me Gone With the Wind as a free sample.

Once, I downloaded the app I couldn't quite figure out how to marry up the free trial she sent me, but that did not stop me from digging around in Audible.  Apparently, the app is smart enough to know the books I have purchased recently on Amazon and made some pretty good recommendations of things I probably would like to read.  It costs a few dollars to get most books, but in my digging around I found several books that are free to Amazon Prime users.  I love me some Amazon Prime, so this was just another awesome bonus.  Pride and Prejudice is a free book and it is a classic, so I decided to listen to it yesterday on my afternoon walk.  IT WAS AWESOME!  The narrator is outstanding.  I could have walked for hours just listening to this story unfold in my mind.   How exciting is that?  Walking and reading without holding a book!  This is going to be so good for me!  I am already on Chapter 18 and can't wait to find more time to listen!

In other news:

  • I cooked breakfast at 7:00 a.m. yesterday.  When I got home from dropping Chip off at school around 9:00 a.m., I realized the burner was still on under the pan on the stove.  Holy crap!  I left it on for two hours.  So thankful it was on low and the house didn't burn down.  Now, I will be spastic about checking.  
  • Me and Chip went to watch some friends play middle school football last night and got caught in a downpour!  We were soaked!  
  • Tonight is the first home game for the Freshman Dragons!  I can't wait!  
  • I think there were twelve ladies at Bible Study on Monday night, with a couple more planning to come next week.  That is a full house, but it was all so great!  Love, love, love!  
Hope Hump Day is great for you!  Expect football pictures tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment