Friday, September 16, 2016

Questions?

How much cabbage can you eat in a day without bloating to the point of explosion?  I'm asking for a friend.

Just kidding.  I am just asking because I made a sausage/cabbage stir fry deal today and am fairly certain I could eat the whole batch of it. It has an entire head of cabbage in it.  That is just asking for trouble.  I will refrain.  Can you freeze cooked cabbage?


I think I may have two or three regular readers…..do any of you know the answers to the cabbage questions?  Please advise. 


So, I made the cabbage stir fry dish today as a positive step to getting back on the health train.  After 18 months or so of working full time and letting my health slide to the bottom of my to-do list, I am getting back on track!  Working part-time again has been such a welcome, wonderful relief!  I am doing some new and interesting projects that I am working on for about five hours a day.  That has left plenty of hours for cooking, cleaning, walking and lifting some heavy things.  


I feel better already, but need to really put some serious focus on the food going into the machine…which is 95% of the battle for me.  I have been piddling around with better eating, but I am going hard core starting tomorrow since today I had a fantastic breakfast and then ate four mini vanilla wafers while cooking the cabbage stir fry.  That is my problem right there.  Mostly eat good, but screw up enough that my body keeps craving sugar and carbs.  Time to fall in love with some egg whites, protein shakes and grilled chicken and make those the components of the cells in my body.  Turn off the cravings.   Seems impossible, but I know it is perfectly doable cause I have done it before.  Anyone else need a restart?  Jumpstart?  Wanna join me?  


I am just going to keep asking questions of this blank screen like it is going to talk back to me!


In other news:

  • I finished the Pride and Prejudice audio book.  It think it was ten hours of listening.  Great piece of literature.  I really could not have enjoyed it more. Must peruse the other available titles and pick another. 
  • In addition to healthier food habits, I have also put myself on a Facebook diet.  Not checking Facebook at all between the hours of 7 am and 7 pm.  Need some moderation in that lane of my life.
  • Made Chip some beef enchiladas last night.  He loved them.  He is so great about thanking me for dinner and repeatedly telling me how much he enjoyed it. Nice to hear that appreciation when you make something they love.
  • Hubby comes home from Ireland tonight.  You know what he misses most when he travels?  No, not me.  He misses coffee.  Coffee from home.  He can get Starbucks or hotel coffee - but just not the same as some Maxwell House in the old Mr. Coffee machine.  I think that is so funny, since he really only started drinking coffee in the last 7 or 8 years.  Now it is one of his favorite things.  
  • Now that I have gotten back into a blogging routine, Bob has been sending me little snippets of updates from his world.  They make me laugh.  Here are a few samples: 
"Medical news,,,, visited my skin doctor today and she burnt off the two things that were bothering me.  Had to take off my shirt so she could inspect every inch.  She only found some tan lines which she doesn’t like.  While sitting there shirtless, I looked over at this big mirror and saw that my boobs looked bigger than ever.  They were like sitting on my belly which has also grown a little.  If my boobs remain big I won’t have to worry about tan lines next year as I won’t be taking off my shirt, unless it’s on fire." 

"Been dumpster diving a few times in the past couple weeks as we are low on soup cans,(arms and legs) family size peach can’s (heads)."


I hope you have an excellent weekend! 

1 comment:

  1. Wait till your boobs sit on your upper legs. LOL Gail

    ReplyDelete