Friday, November 11, 2016

Bob Chronicles - Sixteenth in a Series

I am so glad you came back!   This might be my ALL TIME favorite Bob story…and there have been some doozies.

I have told this story to every person I have come in contact with since he shared it with me.  It makes me scream every time.

Sunday afternoon.  This story starts a whole lot like Bob Chronicles - Fifteenth in a Series…Bob was working on can men in the garage.

Seriously!  This is his life, people!

Saturday was spray paint day….so Sunday was obviously drilling and assembly day.

Bob, has a system down pat.  He charges up his drill, makes all his measurements, lines up his cans, throws his safety goggles on and gets busy!  Metal bits fly all over the place until either he is done or his drill runs out of juice.

Well Sunday, while he was in the throws of drilling and assembly day he ran out of rods.  These are long metal rods that go inside the big can, kind of like a Can Man spine.

He stopped production, grabbed his keys and headed up to Home Depot to get more rods.

He is a regular at Home Depot and knows exactly where the metal rods are kept on Aisle 9.  Bob needs 12 X 5/8" rods, and he has learned through experience you have to look really closely to make sure you get the right size.  People sometimes put the wrong size in the 12 X 5/8" slot so you really need to check each sticker on each rod.

Bob was struggling to read the tiny stickers, so he reached up to clean his glasses and y'all…..his hand hit his safety goggles!!!!!!

OMG!!  He never took his safety goggles off.

He wore them in the car.
Wore them through the front door of Home Depot.
Wore them all the way down Aisle 9.
He was standing in the store with his safety goggles on looking at rods.

Oh my heavens.  I am laughing out loud right now!

I asked him to please send me a picture of him in his goggles and he did!

I could not love these selfies any more than I do!

ENJOY!!





What a stud.  He is a keeper OR he needs a keeper!!!  Lana is a lucky woman.

P.S.   It is not lost on me that I know too damn much about this can man production but my parents have made over 100 of these tin people.  They are practically family.

P.S.S.   The apple doesn't fall far from the tree.  Wait until tomorrow when I tell you what happened to me.

1 comment:

  1. OMG!!! I am rolling!!! I adore him!
    Liz

    ReplyDelete