Barbie took one right to the kisser! Ouch!
In other news:
- Harry is recovering. Mouth is still sore, but yesterday was supposed to be the worst day and it wasn't too bad.
- I went 18 hours yesterday without any cough medicine. I keep thinking I have turned the corner with this cough and then I cough for two hours trying to fall asleep. Doctor or no doctor? So far this morning I have not coughed, so I think I am on the mend. Please, let it be so!
- I went to Lester's memorial service on Saturday with a few of my Lakeside friends. It was amazing. It was a celebration of his life and that church was rocking. I have never been to a church service in a predominately black church and when I tell you that it was filled with the spirit…it was filled to the absolutely brim with the spirit. Lester was well loved by many and the church was packed. Heard lots of funny story about him that just made me smile. There were no tears. The pastor said…Don't say we lost a great man. He is not lost. We know exactly where he is. So, if you know where something is, it is NOT lost. I thought that was great. It was a lovely tribute to a sweet, sweet man. So glad that I went.
- Trying to get some good work done over the next couple of days and then I am taking some time off. First time in a long time that I don't have any deadlines or big projects around the holidays so I can take time off and not worry about work. Looking forward to time away to get recharged and energized.
- It is cold here in Central Texas. It is 20 degrees with a feels like down to 10 degrees. Holy Moly! Good thing I get to stay in my fleece robe and slippers all day if I want to! Excellent perk of working from home.
I hope you are warm and cozy wherever you are today!