Wednesday, December 21, 2016

Buddy the Elf - Day Twenty

And…..so much for the nice play!  Dang Batman, what is your problem?  


Poor Buddy is going to be Elf Juice! 


It is only a tiny bit disturbing that my fourteen year old son came up with this.  Just a wee bit.  
He must hate juice!

In other news:
  • I SLEPT THROUGH THE NIGHT!!!!!!!  Thank you Baby Jesus and antibiotics and propped up pillows and weighted blanket and perfect temperatures and stomach for not staging a protest against too many drugs.  When my eyes opened at 5:47 and I knew I had slept through the night, I almost wept.  Hooray!  I am on the mend!  Just in time for Christmas. 
  • Time to kick it into high gear and get lots of things done.  None of which involve my normal activity for the last four or five days of sitting on the couch trying not to die!
  • We ordered Olive Garden To Go for dinner last night and Hubby picked it up on his way home from work.  We have never ordered from Olive Garden, but Chip had a hankering for Italian and I thought lasagna would be something easy and soft that Harry could eat. I had the soup.  It was so good.  Even came with breadsticks.  
  • Christmas Vacation was the movie of choice last night and it never disappoints.  Can we talk for a minute about how early Clark's company comes to his house for the holiday?  They show up on the 18th!  That is a full week before Christmas!  That is a long time! 
That is all for today!  Things will probably get slow around the old blog for a while as we get started with our Christmas festivities.  Hope to pick back up with it after the new year and really try to be more consistent.  I also have a laundry list of other things to also be more consistent about, so we shall see!  

I sincerely hope that at some point during the chaos of wrapping gifts, baking cookies, opening presents, cooking family favorites, laughing and sharing the fun of the season with your family you can find a quiet moment or two to think about Jesus.  To marvel at the wonder of His short time on earth that changed everything.  His perfect love, grace, kindness, healing and ultimate sacrifice on the cross to take on the sins of the world so that we can be free, forgiven and live forever in His presence.  Oh, how he loves us.  Every single one of us.  I mean, He loves us beyond any love we have ever known or can even imagine. Accept His love…it is yours for eternity.  Just sit for a moment in that truth and let it wash over you.  That is good stuff. 

Have a wonderful Wednesday!     

No comments:

Post a Comment