Thursday, March 9, 2017

Technology Trials and Cooper Update

Hello all.  Since we last visited, I made the tragic mistake of updating my old phone software to the new version and my life has gone into a tailspin of technology trials and tribulations.  Why can't anything be easy?  Just why?

Don't the smarty pants technical guys making the software updates understand that there are some phone users out there that do not understand technology?  Surely, they know the vast majority of us are not phone engineers (is that even a thing?)

My troubles include....

Cannot figure out why my phone will no longer communicate with my laptop.  I can no longer download pictures or songs just by plugging in my phone to my laptop.  Apparently, my computer thinks my phone is locked.  It is not.  The little bit of research I have been able to do makes me think that I have updated my old phone software to a version that is so new and fabulous that now my laptop software is too old to talk to it.  Seriously.  Just stop.  Just leave everything the exact same, please.

Also, it is now challenging for me to attach pictures to texts.  The update has a new format and I am just not sure what in the heck I am doing.  I feel like I am attaching my whole photo library to a text and heaven knows...no one wants to see all that mess.

I used to swipe to open...now I press the home key.  Small difference, but why?  Just why?

Anyway....technology challenges aside, let me catch you up on some family business.

  • Hubby has been traveling quite a bit for work.  He is currently in Florida - for pleasure - not business.  He is enjoying some Boston Red Sox Spring Training games with Harry.  I know they will have a great time.   
  • Speaking of Harry....he landed a summer internship with the Eau Claire Express in Eau Claire Wisconsin.  He will be working in their media relations department.  He is very excited about the opportunity and will be living and breathing baseball, May through August, which is a perfect summer in his mind.  I am certain we will visit him several times, so if anyone knows of something fun to do in Eau Claire, let me know! 
  • Chip has a 24 hour EEG in his near future to see how his epilepsy is responding to his current medication.  He will be fifteen years old in May and should be taking his driver's permit test and starting his practice driving.  Before he gets the green light to do those things, the neurologist has to test his brain activity and provide the results to the state.  The state will make a determination on whether he is safe to be a driver.  As usual, we can't see any seizure activity in his normal day to day activity, but the EEG will give us the real story.  Prayers appreciated that he has perfect results and can get on with all impending teenage activities! 
  • I have been watching The Great British Baking Show on Netflix.  If you like to bake it is very entertaining.  It also inspired me to make some bread sticks last night.  They were great.  There was some leftover dough after the bread sticks were formed and we did not want it to go to waste.  So, Chip and I used it to throw all over the kitchen playing various games like one hand only, throw it like a disc, catch it by impaling it on a knife, we practiced kneading techniques like slamming it into the counter.  It certainly doesn't take much to entertain us.

    Cooper Update:

    He gets his own section because there is much to report.  Cooper had a visit to the vet bright and early this morning for the last of his shots.  He is four months old and 23.4 pounds. Still kind of a nightmare, but getting better.  If you could have heard the howling and whining he was doing while the tech cut his toenails, you would likely not be surprised.  She came back into the room with him and I said "It's nice that he is so laid back and relaxed, isn't it?"  Her hair was disheveled and she may have been sweating.  She got her workout in for the morning.  When the vet came in to examine him, I told her I thought he was starving, because he is ALWAYS trolling for food in the house and in the yard.  She agreed he is in a growth spurt and we could increase his food.  Hopefully, that will help him relax a little.  The vet said she thought he might originally max out at 50 pounds, but things based on his five pound pickup in two weeks that he might be north of 50 pounds and more like 70 pounds when he is an adult.  Hard to tell with pound puppies.

    The snuffle mat I made was a huge success.  He loves it and I hide kibble in it every day for him.  He vacuums up every morsel as soon as he finds it.  Here is a video of him and that awesome nose.


    Other awesome activities he does on the daily....chews this squeaky toy to death.  
    Not annoying at all. 

      

    Here are the looks I get when he rolls over on his back and is trying to decide if he might need to try to bite me or not.  The more I say "Be nice.  No biting."  the bigger his eyes get. 





    Psycho dog. 

    He is rarely relaxed.  If he is awake, he is on 100% power!  In fact, at puppy school last Saturday the instructor had put a bunch of props in the middle of the room...a tunnel, an open suitcase, a skateboard, a hula hoop, a Bosu yoga half ball.  The other puppies in our group were so timid of all the new things.  Not Cooper - he was walking all over that suitcase as it wobbled from side to side, standing on the skateboard, running through the tunnel, grabbing the hula hoop.  No fear. Not one ounce.  She said...you should put him in agility classes, he isn't afraid of anything.   Then it was free time for the puppies to socialize.  All the puppies were removed from their leashes.  Cooper jumped up on the fireplace, then jumped on a plastic chair, ran through the tunnel, got his head stuck in a gate, tried to play with all the other puppies who either growled at him or just laid by their owners feet completely uninterested in exploring the area or engaging with my wild heathen.  Cooper was sad for a moment and then picked up the hula hoop and ran around the room with it.

    Does he make anyone else tired just reading this?  

    Then on the way home, he threw up in the car.  What a gem. 

    Then he slept hard.  


    He is learning how to play fetch.  He loves it....until he doesn't.  He is getting big enough to get on the furniture.  He isn't allowed on the furniture, so you can just imagine how that is going. 

    So basically, we are holding on by a thread.  Puppying is hard.  

    I am getting my hair cut and colored today.  CANNOT WAIT!  Hope your Thursday has some happiness sprinkled in with some laughs and sunshine! 

    1 comment:

    1. Does anyone else see Scooby Doo in the pictures of Cooper on his back with his ears up or has it just been way too long since I've seen the actual Scooby Doo?

      ReplyDelete