Thursday, March 2, 2017

Top Ten Tidbits

How about the first ten things that come into my head:

1.  Sandy's comment on my last blog post, defending Cooper's terrible manners cracked me up.  She is entirely too kind and should really start a blog all her own.  I would read it!!!
2.  Harry is in hot pursuit of some internships.  One opportunity he is excited about is a media relations baseball gig in Eau Clair, Wisconsin.  Where the heck is that?  Also still holding out for a great gig with the Phoenix Mercury.  Fingers crossed he lands right where he belongs!
3.  Chip isn't sleeping very well.  Waking up several times a night and still tired when the sun rises.  He needs some rest.  Poor kid.
4.  I have the worst case of Athlete's Foot ever.  Treating it aggressively with Fast Actin' Tinactin and although it seems to be Slow Actin' Tinactin, it is getting better.
5.  I need a haircut and color in the most serious way.  Desperate.
6.  Planted some veggies in my garden.  Tomatoes, onions, zucchini, cucumbers, strawberries.  Grow, baby grow!   I planted the zucchini and cucumber in pots with a trellis against the fence so they can climb (and stay out of reach of the furry menace).  Can't wait to see how that works out.
7.  Cooper had an impromptu puppy play date with two big golden retrievers yesterday, courtesy of my lovely friend Cindy.  Her dogs are amazing!  One is nine years old and the other is nine months old.  The nine month old gave Cooper a run for his money.  For the first time in his life, Cooper was submissive, scared and running to his mommy.  Instead of being the one who mows down others, he was mowed down.  I think it taught him a lesson or two.
8.  I need to rekindle my love for cooking.  I have put it down somewhere and it is lost.  Can't find it anywhere.  Now it seems like such a chore.  Any tips/suggestions for making it fun again?
9.  Hubby has been in Vegas this week. I wanted him to play a $10 slot just once to see if he could hit some big money.  I have not heard back, so assume that was a bust.
10.  I am making a snuffle mat....its a dog toy. I will post pictures when it is complete.

That is all.  Get on with your day!  Make it a great one.

1 comment:

  1. In regards to #8, I recommend drinking wine and putting on some good music. Then find a recipe that inspires you again.

    ReplyDelete